Saturday, September 29, 2007

All of Life

I have been thinking a lot lately on the concept of all of life being one of repentance. This has really been on my mind since I presented a discussion on Martin Luther's 95 Theses in my Reformation class. The first of these these said that all of life should be repentance instead of just ceremonial penances that the Church of the day practiced.

This has me thinking of a lot of things that I need to personally repent of and just take to the Cross. I realize that my pride will often prevent me from doing this and in doing so I allow my love of being right and love of sin to take precedent over the gospel in my life.

The great news is that Christ has died for these sins and is drawing us to repentance in Him, though we need to be killing sin before it kills us to quote Owen. In doing this I press on in perseverance to the day of Christ Jesus which hopefully will come quickly.

No comments: