Friday, June 1, 2007

Romans 3:24-26

Here are three of my favorite verses:

24 Being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forebearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; 26 for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. - Romans 3:24-26

There is so much deep biblical truth here most of which I will never fully comprehend. Mainly I just want to comment on how great it is for God to be both just and our justifier. He is holy, but in His great love and mercy, in order to display His glory, He declares us right before Him through faith in Christ. I thank Him everyday and pray that I would be able to better understand the depths of His justification.

No comments: